Desk Yoga: Pigeon Pose
Did you know that you can practice yoga right at your desk without your co-workers knowing? It’s called desk yoga and it’s another small opportunity to fit yoga into your day.
Pigeon pose is a great stretch for the hips, and feels especially good when you’ve been sitting for a long time. Here’s what you do:
- Sit tall in your chair with your spine long and your feel flat on the floor about hips distance apart.
- Take a few deep breaths in and out through your nose to ground and center yourself.
- As you take an inhale, draw your right knee up towards your chest, using your hands to hold your knee.
- Cross your right ankle over your left knee as you exhale.
- Take a breath in here. On your next exhale lean slightly forward with a long spine, bringing your forearms to your desk or right shin.
- Take 5 full breaths here with even lengths of inhale and exhale.
- Sit tall and return your right foot to the floor.
- Repeat on the left side.